We recognize the challenges being faced by the employers and workforce in our community as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. This page is designed to help economic development leaders, employers and our workforce in Muskingum County respond to the challenges of COVID-19.
COVID-19 Business Update Conference Call
We look forward to hosting this COVID-19 Business Update and extend our thanks to all of the professionals who have volunteered their time. Below are links to documents that will be addressed during today’s conference call.
Stay at Home Order & Critical Infrastructure Guidelines
- Guidance on the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce by the Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)
- CISA Memorandum and Guidance during COVID-19
- SBA (Small Business Administration) Disaster Loan Assistance (because of Governor Mike DeWine’s emergency declaration, Ohio businesses will be eligible for Economic Impact Loans)
- Updated Info: SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan Process provided by Ohio University SBDC
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Combating the Coronavirus
- CDC Resources for Businesses and Employers
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers from the CDC
- Coronavirus: What You Need to Know provided by the National Governor’s Association
- US Department of Labor Coronavirus Resources
- US Department of Labor: Wage and Hour Division has pages up for questions about how this emergency affects both the Fair Labor Standards Act and the Family and Medical Leave Act. They are working to provide information on labor and employee relations relating to wages and employment as COVID-19 continues to create challenges in the workplace.
- OSHA Guidance for Prepping Workplaces for COVID-19
- IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Ohio Department of Insurance: order has been issued by Lt. Governor for employers to take care of their employees’ health insurance during the state’s shutdown due to COVID-19 coronavirus. It also give employers a two-month grace period to pay insurance premiums to their insurance providers. Details under the tab, Insurance and Coronavirus COVID-19.
- Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation: Ohio BWC will allow businesses to forgo payments in March, April and May, and defer payments until June 1, leaving an estimated $200Million in the state economy. Read details on BWC website.
- Ohio Department of Commerce
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- ODJFS Coronavirus and Unemployment Insurance Benefits
- Liquor Buy Back (for impacted bars & restaurants)
- Ohio Department of Health – Resources for Economic Support
- Support Local Business website launched by USA Today that allows visitors to support local businesses during the COVID-19 crisis by listing them in the database and pre-purchasing goods/services via gift cards
- TechCred provides reimbursement for business upskilling of employees through a select list of verified skill development programs. Keep employees engaged from home and grow workforce knowledge with this program.
Zanesville Muskingum County Port Authority
Matt Abbott, Executive Director
OhioSE – JobsOhio
Mike Jacoby, President
Bureau of Workers’ Compensation
Scott St. Clair, Regional Business
O: 740-435-4251 C: 614-357-9498
Muskingum County Health Department
Kristina Bell, Public Health Readiness Coord.
Ohio Means Jobs-Muskingum County
Julie Metzger, Supervisor
740-454-6211, 888-408-9675 ext. 3
U.S. Small Business Administration
Alexander Kohls, Senior Area Manager
District International Trade Officer
Dayton, OH 45402
Zanesville-Muskingum Co. Chamber of Commerce
Dana Matz, President